Heads up: This post includes affiliate links like Amazon ones, so I earn from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you). Thanks for using them 🙂
This is my up-to-date list of 2020 Black Friday sewing deals. I found so many discounts today, so this might be overwhelming lol.
Here’s my quick edit of the best sewing deals:
- Almost all sewing machines are on sale at Sewing Machine Plus! They’re US based.
- Online sewing classes for $1 from Creative Bug.
- Up to 30% off Liberty London fabrics!!! I’m going to shop this sale straight after I finish writing this post lol.
- 25% off JOANN using 25THANKSGIVING if you pick your order up in-store. The code ends today! (11/26/20)
Black Friday sewing machine deals
This was tough to find. Most dealers aren’t running sales at the moment, they’re struggling to get stock in general. However, I did find 1 big US dealer having a Black Friday sale.
Sewing Machine Plus has a big range of sewing/quilting machines, sergers, and embroidery machines. Almost every machine is being discounted today!
Hint: the site is a little confusing. The “sale items” page only shows a small number of their discounted machines. Go to “Machines” –> “Sewing machines” to see all their stock, or just click this link to skip straight there.
Online sewing class discounts
Creative Bug for $1
I’ve been watching Creative Bug’s offers for the last few months and their Black Friday deal is the best one yet!
20% off Craftsy
Their thanksgiving coupon code is THANKS20 for 20% off. It ends tomorrow.
After that their Cyber sale gives you 30% off any $75+ purchase. The coupon code is 30CYBER75 and it starts on 28th November. I prefer today’s 20% offer because there’s no minimum purchase.
I have used Craftsy on and off for years. Their classes are great for sewers who want more technical knowledge, like pattern drafting and coat making skills, although they do have beginner-friendly projects too.
This waxed canvas bag class is beautiful. I took it earlier this year and love how professional the bag looks!
Fabric discounts & coupon codes
- 25% off at JOANN (US based) using 25THANKSGIVING if you pick your order up in-store. The code ends today.
The code won’t work on “clearance” and “doorbuster” items, but these are already discounted. Their “doorbuster” sale includes: $200 off a Singer sewing/quilting machine, 50% off batting, 50% off Christmas cotton fabrics, 70% off flannel, 70% off plush and fleece, and more! Wow.
- 15% off jersey from My Fabrics (UK based).
- Up to 30% off Liberty London fabrics (eek! So excited for this). This is a premium brand that designs their own prints; they’re well-known for gorgeous florals.
- 40% off one item at Hobby Lobby (US based).
Sewing pattern discounts
- 30% off Peek a Boo patterns using code HOLLY30. This is their biggest sale of the year and it ends on 30 November. They have a big range of men, women, and children’s patterns.
- 25% off PDF & paper patterns from Friday Pattern Company. The coupon is FALL25 and it ends on 30 November.
- 20% off Deer & Doe patterns. No coupon code is needed, the discount will appear at checkout. The sale ends on 28 November. Their Myosotis dress is very popular in the Instagram/Youtube sewing community.
- 25% off all Forget Me Not patterns. No coupon code is needed, the discount will appear at checkout.
- 20% off Pauline Alice Patterns. No coupon code is needed, the discount will appear at checkout. The sale ends on 30th November.
- 20% off Made By Rae. No coupon code is needed, the discount will appear at checkout. Her geranium dress for girls is very popular in the online sewing community (I own it too!).
- 30% off Style Arc using code 30BLKFRI20.
- 10% off everything from The Fold Line. They stock tons of PDF and paper sewing patterns from indie sewing companies. The coupon is BLACKFRIDAY10 and it ends midnight 30th November.
- 20% off Trend Patterns with code BLACKFRIDAY. The sale starts on Thursday 00:01am UK time. This is a good place to look for experimental clothing patterns.
- 60% off Vogue patterns and 50% off Butterick, Burda, and McCalls at Fabricville Canada.